- 02/06/2013, 05:07PM ET
ElevenRingsSTL said 02/06, 05:07 PM
Tough call on some of these, as we're dealing with some very similar careers, but here is my list:
1. Tom Barrasso: 2 Stanley Cups, 1 Vezina Trophy, 369 career wins. A little tougher to analyze stat-wise, as he's the only one of the five to play significant years in the higher-scoring '80s. I give him a slight edge over Osgood based in part on the Vezina.
2. Chris Osgood: 2 Stanley Cups in really 2 different eras with Detroit. 401 Wins and 74 career playoff wins. 50 career shutouts. Probably on more consistently quality teams than the other four.
3. Nikolai Khabibulin: 1 Stanley Cup, 328 career wins. Very similar stats to Kolzig, but backstopping the Cup winner in Tampa Bay in 2004 gives him a slight edge.
4. Olaf Kolzig: 1 Vezina Trophy, but only won 3 playoff series, and those all came in the same year. Losing career playoff record at 20-24.
5. Sean Burke: Only goalie of the 5 to have a worse career GAA and save % in the post-season than he did in the regular season throughout his career. After a nice playoff run his rookie year with the Devils, he never won another playoff series.
Good luck, Float.
ElevenRingsSTL said 02/11, 09:47 AM
So, you are arguing the exact opposite of my picks. Interesting strategy.
I'm going to stay with my list and say that Barrasso and Osgood at the top of my list had better careers than Burke and Kolzig at the top of yours. I'll stick with the guys at the top of my list that have more wins, better playoff histories and multiple Stanley Cups.
|6||JimJ77 Can't make it up||130||53||26||68.4%|
|10||Schad - Notorious Deadbeat||71||43||9||61.4%|
- Fantasy baseball Pitching Report: Bartolo Colon's monster year
- Fantasy baseball Injury Report: Tigers ailing as Sanchez, Avila hit DL
- Fantasy baseball Waiver Wire: Joyce's hitting lifted Rays
- Fantasy baseball Weekly Planner: The arrival of Myers and Wheeler
- Fantasy baseball Prospect Watch: Bogaerts, Sano coming up
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia