- 02/20/2013, 06:37AM ET
HighwayCrossingFrog said 02/20, 06:37 AM
1. Hockey going on strike
2. Tyson and Lennox Lewis.. The end of boxing..
3. USA losing to the freakin little sister canadiens ha ha..
JE SUIS DESOLEE MADAME!
And it was freakin twice in the finals!!
4. Leaving in Pedro too long..
5. Yankees blowing a 3 game lead..
(I always feel bad when the enemy gets humiliated quadruple times!!!!)..
6. USA not picking up rugby
$. Lance Armstrong breaking his promises..
8. When the Arabs beat my beloved arsenal in the finals..
It still hurts..
The fact that Arabs were rejoicing when I was ready to leave my uncles wife!
9. Any Arab team doing well in general..
They only excel in soccer, (thank Mohammed!)..
10. Kobe the tool winning 5 championships..
Why him? Why not me?
BM. said 02/20, 09:54 AM
Ok here we go.
1. This year's NHL lockout. I agree, although you hate hockey so I'm not sure why you put that one as #1.....
2. Dale Earnhardt Sr. being killed in a wreck in 2001 at Daytona.
3. Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa. The epic HR race. Little did we know that they were both juicing cheaters. Barry Bonds holds the all time HR record and was a huge cheater.
4. Pete Rose betting on baseball and thus ruining his chances at the HOF.
5. The Jerry Sandusky/Penn State scandal.
6. Lance Armstrong being outed as a cheater and being shunned by the entire world.
7. The NFL replacement refs doing a horrible job and deciding games with horrible calls.
8. Michael Vick and his dog fighting ring.
9. Tim Donaghy proving once and for all that basketball is fixed.
10. The Lokomotiv Yaroslavl plane crash that killed 44 of 45 people on board, including all the players and coaches.
Good luck Froggy.
HighwayCrossingFrog said 02/20, 12:04 PM
You busted me for my lack of hockey passion!
I do watch the Olympic hockey..
If I didn't have an insane amount of sports on my schedule I would probably follow hockey..
Or if I had not grown up in Europe..
I probably would not follow soccer, rugby and tennis..
I just hate to see sports in general crippled..
My canadien joke was priceless..
I totally lost today, Argos and all the other Canadians votes right there! Ha ha..
Your list is good..
Mine is more of a bit of fun..
If the voters want a vanilla cake with vanilla icing..
You will win..
But if they want a banana cake.. Remember banana cakes are fun and full of deliciousness..
Then I will probably win:)
An honorable mention will be when Peyton retires..
That will be crushing..
BM. said 02/20, 12:18 PM
Your European sports are not "crippled". It's just that nobody watches them in the United States, or on this site for that matter.
And hockey is absolutely HUGE in Europe. How you never caught on to it is just beyond me... Where did NHL players go during the lockout? Russia and Europe.
Honestly, I like vanilla cake much better than anything banana-related!
Here are some that didn't break MY heart, but the hearts of others:
1. Tom Brady and the Patriots losing to Down's Boy and the Giants in the Super Bowl not once, but twice.
2. NHL goalie Rick Dipietro signing a 3,389 year contract with the Islanders and only playing like 50 games in 5 years. He went on to get knocked out in a goalie fight by the Pens' Brent Johnson:
3. The Butt Fumble
HighwayCrossingFrog said 02/20, 05:10 PM
It depends on where you are from in Europe..
If you grew up in Scandinavia or Russia.. Yes hockey is very popular there..
In England it's rugby, soccer and cricket, (I hate cricket), as the big 3.. With tennis not too far behind..
I did play a little field hockey growing up.. But that was just cause I had a crush on this blonde chick! Ha ha.. Field hockey was more for girls..
Apart from the Olympic hockey, the first club hockey game I saw was when I first moved to the states.. I had a hockey room mate freshman year.. So I did watch abit of hockey..
I do admire them as athletes.. I just don't have the time..
Still.. 2 mentions of hockey from a non hockey fan.. I bet even yoda didn't see that coming..
Fun TD.. Good luck vanilla boy:)..
Ooooh banana cake sounds good right now!
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia