- 05/08/2013, 05:49PM ET
HighwayCrossingFrog said 05/08, 05:49 PM
The real legends
2. Pete Sampras
3. Carl Lewis..
4. Jerry rice, maybe the best wr of all time
5. Roger Clemens
6. Barry bonds, before he took steroids
7. Wayne gretyki, more of an 80s boy..
8. Elway, 2 out of 5 ain't bad..
9. Mike tyson, best punch in the biz!
2. Zinidine zidane, the head butter!
3. Pedro Martinez
6. Karl Malone..
7. Dennis rodman..
8. Emit smith
9. Ken Griffey junior
5. Kelly 4 SBs
7. McGwire. Would be higher without roofies:)
8. David Robinson, the admiral..
9. Scotty popcorn pippen
11. Steve young
12. Michael Irvin..
13. Sammy Sosa, would be higher without roofies..
14. El Duce, just sick come playoff time..
J-Business said 05/10, 06:46 AM
You've named too many people for me to actually argue against, so I'll just mention some guys who should not be there or are too high.
Carl Lewis - great athlete but most of his great moments came in the 80's. Instead, I would list Micheal Johnson.
Wayne Gretzky - He shouldn't be this high but Mario Lemieux should be this high. He was the class of the NHL during the 90's
Mike Tyson - Once again, great in the 80's but not so great in the 90's. In fact, the 90's can be considered the time with most of his antics and losses. Prison, numerous losses, bit Holyfield's ear.
I'll go with Roy Jones Jr. - Was named Fighter of the Decade in the 90's, and was basically undefeated with the exception of his DQ against Montel Griffin.
Dan Marino put up numbers but the Dolphins were a non-factor in the 90's.
Where's Barry Sanders? You know, the greatest running back of all time
Also, if you're going to list David Robinson, I'm going to list Hakeem Olajuwon, who absolutely owned Robinson and won 2 titles.
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia