- 06/06/2013, 08:33AM ET
HighwayCrossingFrog said 06/06, 08:33 AM
1. Spear fisherman
2. Boar hunter
3. Bikini judge
4. Mixed beach volleyball
6. Sumo wrestling
10. Any sport where you get paid an insane amount to sit on the bench..
Eg shevenko at Chelsea.. Made $15mill a year for doing nothing..
1. Figure skating
2. Mixed doubles tennis
3. Cliff jumper
4. Evil knievel's job
5. A sport where you did not get paid but required alot of time..
6. Synchronized swimming
11. Field goal kicker
OlderthanDirt said 06/06, 09:40 AM
I think I have often times told you this but it bears repeating....Froggy, you have lost your mind.
The gist of this TD as I take it states list a "gig", meaning job, association, part time work, etc. that IS sports related. I will list my two top ten lists first and then I will point out how obvious some of yours is NOT sports related as well as where you are just WRONG.
1. NASCAR - Pit crew.
2. Boxing - corner man for Leonard or Hearns
3. Alaskan Guide - How cool would that be?
4. Safari Guide - Africa here I come
5. Deep Sea Charter Captain - All Aboard
6. Scuba Instructor in Carribean
7. Firearms instructor - get to shoot all day?
8. Country Club tennis pro - can you say "hey ladies"
9. Tiger Woods' Caddie - Think of the expense account
10. Hunting Ranch owner - Big time Bucks
1. Janitor after a Pro event - Those guys have to clean puke
2. Laundry man for NFL - get those stains out!
3. College Football Mascot - No one knows who you are
4. Fish gutter/cleaner on charter boat
5. Towel boy
6. Ball boy in a MLB stadium
7. Beer vendor in any Pro Stadium
8. Massouse for sumo wrestler
9. Ticket taker at any major event
10. NCAA committee member
HighwayCrossingFrog said 06/06, 04:33 PM
I don't like Alaskan or safari guides..
1. You get eaten alive by a bear..
It's a joke.. Even if you are fishing for salmon you have to bring a shot gun..
You can count me out..
2. You get eaten alive by a lion..
I had a highschool friend get eaten alive by a lion.. Yes it does happen..
He got wasted, so hopefully he thought he was gettin raped by a 6ft blonde..
But he didn't close his tent properly and a freakin lion sneaked in..
Crazy way to go uh.. Hell of a party..
Didn't you ever watch the movie OPEN WATER..
One lapse of concentration..
And let's face it.. You are in the freakin Caribbean so you are going to get high alot..
Then boom banana split..
Your client with the blond pub--es is shark bait..
Yeah no thanks..
I accidentally shot my friend in the foot with a blank..
I will never forget that..
He was ok..
But if it had been a real bullet his foot would have been blown off..
People have accidents all the time..
OlderthanDirt said 06/07, 09:14 AM
Okay, you listed Spear fisherman and Boar hunter as your top two and then in your second argument you emphasize that anything "Dangerous" is a non-starter for you. Quite frankly that seems contradictory.
What you obviously don't understand about being a guide is that you are behind the client with a huge gun. Plenty big enough to put down any threat. It is also the guide's job to be alert for those dangers so since I did not say "be a pisspoor guide in Alaska or Africa" my choices still stand.
While Kabaddi is a sport in India it seems too feminine for my taste.
And I'm still trying to figure out how in the hell Bikini judging is a sport. Granted it would be a helluva gig to have, especially if you got paid for it, but it is no way a sport. It is a major spectator event but not a sport or sports related.
And btw, if you can't handle a gun with blanks without injuring someone you sure as hell need to stay out of the water with a spear gun.
And when you say a being a field goal kicker is not cool you must be talking soccer again. Ask Vinaieri or one of the good ones. They get to live your good #10 every season.
And I would take my 8-10 over your 5-8 anytime.
HighwayCrossingFrog said 06/07, 11:31 AM
There is no comments or votes!
And I'm busy today..
Peace in the Middle East y'all!
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia