- 12/01/2013, 10:54AM ET
Argos. said 12/01, 10:54 AM
Follow my format. Pick Team Sweden for the 2014 olympic ice hockey.
Sedin - Sedin - Steen
Zetterberg - Backstrom - Eriksson
Landeskog - Franzen - Alfredsson
Heglin - Berglund - Hornqvist
Brodin - Karlsson
Kronwall - Ekman Larson
Edler - Hedman
Gogo Yubari said 12/02, 07:29 PM
Here are my changes:
Replace Landeskog with Benny Andersson
Replace Franzen with Anni-Frid Lyngstad
Replace Hjalmarsson with Agnetha Faltskog
Replace Hornqvist with Bjorn Ulvaeus
So, good luck on this TD. Take a chance on me. The winner takes it all. I hope for your sake it doesn't become your Waterloo.
Argos. said 12/03, 10:30 AM
I've never heard of the ABBA before this TD. Aren't they a little too old to be playing hockey?
Gogo Yubari said 12/04, 12:05 AM
Who are you to say who is too old to play hockey? I don't know how they do things in the Great White North, but in Sweden they respect and revere their elders. Lets just break this down:
- Old people play golf. As Happy Gilmore clearly illustrated, there is a lot of cross-over between the skills necessary to play golf and the skills necessary to play hockey.
- Old people play shuffleboard. Both involve sliding objects with sticks. Both often end in fisticuffs. They're practically the same thing.
- Old people play gin rummy. I'll be honest here. There's no similarity at all between gin rummy and hockey, but it has the word "gin" in it, so how bad can that be?
I think I've shown through irrefutable logic and science that my players are not too old to play hockey and your insistence otherwise is just blatant age discrimination. Shame, shame.
Let me just close with saying that I have it on good authority that Anni-Frid and Agnetha both have wicked wristers and that certainly could come in handy on a team full of hockey players and improve team morale.
I believe I've made my point here.
Argos. said 12/04, 08:36 AM
Well two of them would have to play on the women's ice hockey team, and wouldn't be allowed on the men's team.
Gogo Yubari said 12/04, 10:05 PM
Well, well, well. Aren't we just a boorish oaf? First, you want to discriminate against the elderly and now you want to discriminate against women. I'm sorry we can't all be young white men to satisfy you.
So what that a couple of my players are old women? Since when did that become a rule? There is a rich history of women contributing in sports.
- Manon Rheaume - one of your fellow Canadians - became the first woman to play in an NHL exhibition game.
- Danica Patrick races against men all of the time and she wins... Ok, maybe she's a bad example
- Little Cindy Crosby has played in the NHL since 2005 and has risen to the level of Captain of the Penguins despite being a fragile little girl with bones made of fine porcelain.
Given that rich history, who's to say a couple of women in their sixties can't play for Sweden.. Certainly not me and most certainly not you.
Thanks for the TD. A vote for me is a vote against discrimination. It's a vote for hope. It's a vote for the human spirit. It's a vote for Sweden, and most importantly, it's a vote for AMERICA!!
- Awful Announcing
- Free Darko
- Pro Football Talk
- The Big Lead
- Joe Posnanski
- The Sporting Blog
- Big League Stew
- Bugs and Cranks
- Every day Should Be Saturday
- Mr. Irrelevant
- With Leather
- The Sports Hernia