shutupandgetonboard?'s Comments

Posted Monday April 01, 2013, About: Rodgers, Packers $2M per year apart
Facts must be difficult for you. Insults works best apparently. Remember this as GB doesn't win another SB with Rodgers if tehy give him this contract. Face it, you are hooked on seeing the world in green and gold young one.
Posted Monday April 01, 2013, About: Rodgers, Packers $2M per year apart
Show me a list that doesn't have Montana as #1, 2 or 3. To say he was "average" shows your lack of understanding of the game. Also: Thompson has been above average and his teams, with many left over players, won one SB by catching lighting in a bottle as other better teasm melted. Have they been fun, excitng/ yes? Great? No. They did manage the worst home playoff loss in the history of the game that is for sure. But he is a low budget ted is not great- he only #4 in Packer history. He will manage the money and get what he pays for- a great QB that gets them to the playoffs and fans that ar eokay with that- liek they were with Favre and that is only good. 2 of his teams have been wildcards and 20 years ago not playoff teams. Everything is exageratted now in teh NFL, everything. They are going the way of the NBA, Professional Wrestling, and Boxing.
Posted Monday April 01, 2013, About: Rodgers, Packers $2M per year apart
Yes it is.
Posted Monday April 01, 2013, About: Rodgers, Packers $2M per year apart
Check out any greatest QB list anywhere. These guys are at the top. I challenge you to show me a list-any list from a respected sports authority that is- doesn't have those guys at the top. Sammy Baugh and Ott Graham are the excoptions b/c they were pre-sb era. Starr really was as well as the game wasn't called the Super Bowl until after GB won the first two NFL Champiosnhsips- what it was known as then.
Posted Monday April 01, 2013, About: Rodgers, Packers $2M per year apart
33 super bowls were won with teams who did not have a "great" QB. Of the other 13, 9 were won by Elway, Montans and Brady. Leaving Favre, Manning, Young and Unitas with the other 4. If you throw in Roethlisburger and Bradshaw, you are still at only 20 (less than half) were won with great QB's. You would have to add Starr and Sims to the list just to get to 50%+ mark. That' going pretty low. I say it is more like 30%. Good teams, hot teams, wins Super bowls. Not great qb's. Great QB's make franchises lots of money. Plain and simple.
Posted Monday April 01, 2013, About: Rodgers, Packers $2M per year apart
:-)
Posted Monday April 01, 2013, About: Rodgers, Packers $2M per year apart
All I am saying is that paying Rodgers that kind of money will handcuff the Packers for years to him, and thats's a good problem to have. Giving 20% of your payroll to one guy, leaves 80% for the rest of the team. For next year, we will be fine. After that, we'll watch him throw it around with no realitic chacce of winnign a super bowl unless we catch lighting in a bottle like we did in 201o. I am fien with that. I just prefer having a solid team that has the same chances. Great teams and hot teams win super bowls, not great quarter backs.
Posted Monday April 01, 2013, About: Rodgers, Packers $2M per year apart
Flacco is not average. It is a question of longevity and ability to keep you team in games with less than quality players surrounding you. We'll see if he can do that. In Green Bay, we'll find out the same aboot Rodger soon as well. He'll bankrupt us liek did Flacco and then he'll get his chance. Time tells all truths.
Posted Monday April 01, 2013, About: Rodgers, Packers $2M per year apart
I think it is all a joke. Rodgers will handcuff the Packes with this kind of maoney. It is a strange situaton- pay him and you may have a chance at watching a stellar career and maybe win a SB, let him go and chances are you won't have a stelalr player but could have a solid team b/c you can pay oterhs and still probably won't win a SB. I say let him walk and bring back the kid from Seattle. He looked really good and looks better at at 7-8 mil a year, atleast youcan build a team then. Remember how favre would take pay cuts so we could compete? In every way, good and bad, Rodgers is no Favre.

Truth & Rumors

MOST POPULAR

  1. 1
    D'Antoni's newest 'blunder'
    Views
    2119
    Comments
    866
  2. 2
    Baseball's top 2015 free agent
    Views
    1980
    Comments
    527
  3. 3
    The NHL's model franchise?
    Views
    2016
    Comments
    139
  4. 4
    Shakeup looms for White Sox
    Views
    1865
    Comments
    112
  5. 5
    Cup drought weighing on Sid
    Views
    2316
    Comments
    107

SI.com

SI Photos